Minimum Daily Package
Our minimum daily package rate will cover the following services:
- At least 3 star accommodation (for 4 and 5-star accommodation you will need to pay additional premium)
- All meals (including breakfast, lunch and dinners)
- A licensed tour guide (well conversant in English) during the entire stay
- All internal transportation (excluding the internal flights)
- All relevant camping equipment as well as haulage needed for the trekking tours
Other Components of the Package Include:
- All the internal charges as well as taxes that come along with the services
- A Tourism Royalty of $65.00 that will go towards free education, free healthcare, alleviation of poverty and infrastructure building.
The minimum daily tourist package rate for a group of 3 or more individuals is as follows:
- US$200.00/tourist/night for January, February, June, July, August, December
- US$250.00/tourist/night for March, April, May, September, October, November
- The above-mentioned rates will be applied for every night’s stay in Bhutan for every individual tourist.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan has set certain minimum selling prices for Bhutan touring packages. All the payments will have to be made in US dollars before the tourists’ arrival in Bhutan.
- No extra charge will be imposed in case of delays in arrival or departure due to inclement weather conditions causing disruption to flights or landslides or road blocks. However, the concerned tourist will have to incur the cost of meals, lodging, transportation, and other required services. Hence, it is highly recommended that the tourists purchase travel insurance before they make the trip.
Tourists who are travelling in a group of two individuals or alone will have to pay a surcharge apart from the minimum daily package rates as follows:
- Individual Tourist – US$ 40 per night
- A team of 2 tourists – US$ 30 per tourist per night
- The 10% agency commission that is to be paid to the agents abroad will not be deducted from this surcharge.
- However, the representatives of the foreign travel agents who are on business trip and promotional visits that are approved or cleared by TCB (Tourism Council of Bhutan) will not have to pay this surcharge.
- Children below 5 years of age will be exempted from the surcharge. However, children between 5 and 12 years of age, who are accompanied by elders or guardians, will enjoy a discount of 50% on the daily rates. At present, this Royalty is $65/day. (A)
- Full time STUDENTS, who are less 25 years of age, carrying valid identity cards from their respective schools, colleges and academic institutions, will enjoy a discount of 25% on this Royalty. (B)
- One person of a group of 11 tourists will enjoy a 50% discount on the minimum daily package. (C)
- One member of a group consisting of more than 16 tourists will enjoy a 100% discount. (D)
- A discount of 50% on the Royalty will be applicable from the 9th night and a 100% discount on the Royalty will be applicable from the 15th night onward. (E)
- Visitors who are enjoying discounts under Sections A and Section B will not be eligible for any discount under Section (D).
Tours once booked can subsequently be cancelled. However, in that case a cancellation charge will be imposed as follows:.
- Within 30 days of start of the tour – No charges
- Within 21 days of the start of the tour – 10% of the rate
- Within 14 days of the start of the tour – 15% of the rate
- Within 7 days of the start of the tour – 30% of the rate
- Less than 7 days from the start of the tour or without any prior intimation – 50% of the rate
- After arriving in Bhutan – 100%
Before you commence your tour to Bhutan you will need to wire the entire payment for the trip to the TCB.
You will have to wire the entire amount of your tour payment that is calculated by your tour operator. You will also have to pay a onetime visa fee of US$ 40 to the Bhutan National Bank through a certified international partner of the bank. Alongside, you need to specify the Bhutanese tour operator as the eventual beneficiary at the time of wiring the payment.
Once the payment is received by the bank, you will have to send the receipt copy to your local Bhutanese tour operator over email.